Monday, December 05, 2005

Democrats and the Iraq War

My God - I see the Democratic answer to Iraq is still all over the place. And, I think I sort of agreed that it was OK for the Dems to be there. Well, I've thought some more....that's the beauty of the blog....and I think I'm wrong.

It seems American's listen to the loudest coordinated voice, and it doesn't really seem to matter if it's correct or not. Because of this, the Democrats have to get on the same page to at least get the ear of the American public. I want the public to be more discerning and thoughtful, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Sadly, Bush is staying on topic - he's so wrong - but it doesn't matter. It's what's registering with the public, and I will predict with confidence that 1) his poll numbers will go up and 2) the MSM will re-do the "Bush is failing story" into the "Bush is on the comeback story". That will be one really nauseating event to say the least.

I'd force Democrats on to a single track on the Iraq if I could - but no one seems to be really stepping up to the plate on this issue. And anyone who tries is pretty much guaranteed to get booed by some faction of the party.

Can anyone say "The Republicans maintain control of the House and Senate in 2006." I think that's where we're headed. Damn

No comments: