Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Hillary and the Plantation

I see that Hillary Clinton has given a speech in a mostly black church in New York. She stated that the leadership of Congress was "running it like a plantation; and you know what I mean".

Now, she went on the very next sentence to state this meant that they didn't allow any business but their business to see the light of day. That the Democrats were shut out. This is true.

The question is, will anyone remember or bother to note anything other than the "plantation" statement. I don't think so, and I think her comments were at the least not well thought out, and at the worst just stupid. She muddled the whole argument which is a good one to the point where it will be hard to make it now.

I know I rant about the Republican's and their talking points, but there is something to be said about prepared statements that don't end up being taken out of context and creating situations where way too much time is taken up explaining the statements and being on the defensive.

No comments: